Fire breaks out in Tampines flat, no injuries were reported

Fire breaks out in Tampines flat, no injuries were reported

Channel NewsAsia·2018-01-21 00:10

Thick smoke coming from the unit that caught fire. (Photo: Pooja Shukla) 

SINGAPORE: A fire broke out in a housing board flat at Tampines Street 83 on Saturday afternoon (Jan 20). 

The Singapore Civil Defence Force said it was alerted to the incident at Block 867A at about 5.30pm. 

The fire involved "contents of a bedroom", said SCDF, adding that the blaze was extinguished using one water jet. 

Residents of the second-floor flat had evacuated before officers arrived and no injuries were reported.

Smoke seen from a block of flats nearby. (Photo: Pooja Shukla)   

Photos and video taken by a Channel NewsAsia reader show thick smoke billowing from the second floor of a maisonette unit and the view was hazy from a couple of blocks away. 

……

Read full article on Channel NewsAsia

Singapore Fire Accident Tampines HDB