Fire caused by charging PMD put out by off-duty SCDF officer!

Fire caused by charging PMD put out by off-duty SCDF officer!

SG Gazette·2018-03-01 17:05

Read up on the latest news >>>

A fire caused by a charging personal mobility device (PMD) was put out by an off-duty Singapore Civil Defence (SCDF) officer in Toa Payoh on Wednesday (28 Feb).

Staff Sergeant Yahafiz Mustafa saw the fire in the first floor of Block 103, Lorong 1 Toa Payoh around 3.20pm, said the SCDF ins a Facebook post.

The officer from Tuas View Fire Station grabbed a fire extinguisher, kicked the door to the unit open and put out the fire.

Other SCDF officers arrived and rescued a Chinese man aged around 40 years old from the flat. He was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.

The photos of the scene showed charred tiles and remains of what is possibly the seat of a scooter.

Some investigation showed the fire came from the battery pack of the charging PMD.

(Image Credit/s: SCDF)

Read up on the latest news >>>

Get the sweetest deals here >>>

Satisfy your belly at these places >>>

Entertain yourself with these latest movies >>>

……

Read full article on SG Gazette

Fire Singapore SCDF Toa Payoh