Anne Burrell's Cause Of Death Has Been Revealed

Anne Burrell's Cause Of Death Has Been Revealed

BuzzFeed-News·2025-07-25 05:03

Food Network star Anne Burrell’s cause of death has been determined five weeks after the celebrity chef was found dead in her New York home.

Daniel Zuchnik / Getty Images

The 55-year-old died on June 17 by suicide, the New York City medical examiner’s office said in a statement to HuffPost on Thursday following an autopsy investigation.

Dimitrios Kambouris / Getty Images

The co-host of Worst Cooks in America died from “acute intoxication due to the combined effects of diphenhydramine, ethanol, cetirizine, and amphetamine,” the office said.

Santiago Felipe / Getty Images

Paramedics were called to Burrell’s Brooklyn home on the morning of June 17 after she was found unresponsive, and she was declared dead at the scene. The 911 caller reported that she had gone into cardiac arrest, TMZ previously reported.

Daniel Zuchnik / Getty Images

Burrell’s family released a statement at the time of her death that described her as a light that touched millions.

Dave Kotinsky / Getty Images

“Anne was a beloved wife, sister, daughter, stepmother, and friend — her smile lit up every room she entered,” they said. “Anne’s light radiated far beyond those she knew, touching millions across the world. Though she is no longer with us, her warmth, spirit, and boundless love remain eternal.”

Gustavo Caballero / Getty Images

The Food Network also memorialized her as a gift to the culinary world.

Thaddaeus Mcadams / Getty Images

“Anne was a remarkable person and culinary talent – teaching, competing and always sharing the importance of food in her life and the joy that a delicious meal can bring. Our thoughts are with Anne’s family, friends and fans during this time of tremendous loss,” the network said.

John Lamparski / Getty Images

Burrell is survived by her husband, Stuart Claxton, her stepson, Javier, her mother, Marlene, and two siblings, People reported.

Dia Dipasupil / Getty Images

Burrell had served as the original host and judge of Worst Cooks in America since its inception in 2010, but she had been absent from the program for a few months before her death. When fans on social media asked why she wasn’t on the show back in January, she replied that she didn’t know and said she hoped to return, according to Page Six.

Dia Dipasupil / Getty Images

Her final appearance on Worst Cooks will premiere on the Food Network on Monday, July 28.

James Devaney / Getty Images

If you or someone you know needs help, call or text 988 or chat 988lifeline.org for mental health support. Additionally, you can find local mental health and crisis resources at dontcallthepolice.com. Outside of the U.S., please visit the International Association for Suicide Prevention.This article originally appeared on HuffPost.

……

Read full article on BuzzFeed-News

America Death