Blacklisted Filipinos turned back at Sabah port, airport within a week

Blacklisted Filipinos turned back at Sabah port, airport within a week

New Straits Times·2025-08-05 22:00

KUALA LUMPUR: The Malaysian Border Control and Protection Agency (MCBA) has thwarted an attempt by two Filipino nationals to enter Sabah illegally at two entry points within the span of a week.

MCBA said the foreigners, a man and woman both aged 27, were stopped at Kota Kinabalu International Airport (KKIA) after arriving from Manila, the Philippines, today.

"Checks found that both had been denied entry at Sandakan Port on July 31 for failing to meet the entry requirements for foreign visitors to Malaysia. They were issued a Notice of Refusal of Entry (NPM) before being sent back," it said in a statement.

MCBA said the pair were trying to enter Sabah through an air entry point after being refused at a sea route.

Featured Videos

"The reasons for refusal included the NPM issued by the Sandakan Port Immigration Office and their failure to meet the conditions of entry into Sabah," it said.

Following document checks, the two were again issued an NPM and handed over to the airline for deportation to the Philippines.

MCBA also said that surveillance and enforcement efforts would continue to be strengthened to combat human smuggling syndicates and the misuse of social visit pass facilities.

……

Read full article on New Straits Times

Malaysia SE Asia Immigration News