Post-mortem begins on Zara Qairina's exhumed body
New Straits Times·2025-08-10 11:00
KOTA KINABALU: The post-mortem on Zara Qairina Mahathir has begun.
Lawyer Hamid Ismail said the procedure is being led by pathologist Dr Jessie Hiu.
Zara's mother, Noraidah Lamat, arrived at 8.30am.
Featured Videos
Family of the late Zara Qairina Mahathir seen arriving at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital at 9am. - NSTP/Olivia Miwil
The 13-year-old student's body arrived at the hospital at 10.30pm yesterday after being exhumed from the Tanjung Ubi Muslim Cemetery in Sipitang at 7.30pm.
It was sent to the Radiology Department for a CT scan before being kept at the Medical Forensics Department.
Noraidah had earlier requested the grave be exhumed to seek answers and justice.
On Monday, the Attorney-General's Chambers confirmed it had received the full preliminary investigation report on Aug 4 at its headquarters in Putrajaya.
The report was later returned to the police for further action.
Zara, a Form One student at Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Agama (SMKA) Tun Datu Mustapha Limauan in Papar, was reported to have fallen from the third floor of a dormitory.
She was found unconscious in a drain around 4am on July 16 and later died while receiving treatment at Queen Elizabeth I Hospital in Kota Kinabalu.
On July 31, Sabah Police Commissioner Datuk Jauteh Dikun said police were not ruling out the possibility of bullying in the incident.
……Read full article on New Straits Times
Malaysia Death SE Asia News
One-stop lifestyle app dedicated to making life in Singapore a breeze!
Comments
Leave a comment in Nestia App